Time to get back to normal folks. I love the holidays but thank God it's over. It's exhausting. Every year between Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years (plus 4 birthdays thrown in the mix) I wonder how we survive. Now, it's time to settle into the cold, miserable winter I know and
Since it is now January I get to introduce you to a new Genius and that almost makes the snow falling outside my window worth it. She's pretty awesome.
It's Geri Greening!
During my One Year CASEing Genius celebration I asked that anyone who entered also nominate another crafter (spread kindness and all that jazz) Geri was nominated and I'm so excited that she was. Her blog, Manitoba Stamper, is a beautiful place to see her minimalist style in bloom. It's nothing short of fabulous when someone can take just a few things and arrange them in a way that takes your breath away. Through emailing I've gotten to know Geri a bit and you can believe me when I say she is so super sweet. I hope you'll head over and see what she's all about.
Let's dive in!
1. Who are you and where do you live?My name is Geri Greening and I live in Dauphin, Manitoba, Canada...a small city of about 10,000, located 4 hours north of our capital city - Winnipeg, Manitoba.
2. How would you describe your style?Without a doubt, Clean and Simple. I LOVE white space, no matter what color it is!
3. Name one product you're completely crushing on right now?Dies....all types, all occasions, all manufacturers! They make card crafting fun and easy!
4. What is was your first crafty purchase? Would you still buy it now?A Stampin' Up stamp set purchased about 15 years ago! Haven't stopped buying since!
5. What is your current favorite song?It's an oldie but goodie and remains my all time favorite - Dream Weaver (Gary Wright - 1976).
6. Who would play you in a movie?Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz - her magical red shoes were awesome! Imagine the never ending supply of craft goodies those shoes could conjure up!
7. One random thing about you that people would never guess?
I couldn't pick one :) Prior to my name change at marriage, I had 31 letters in my full name (which is equivalent to the alphabet plus 6!), I'm crazy afraid of moths!, and I love playing Bingo!
white Space, Gary Wright and no moths. Geri, we'll get along just fine :)
Time for the goods yo,
I love how the bold way lines lead your eye across the card and those pops of lime green are just perfect.
Ahh. How freakin cute is this? That perfect focal point of the yellow moon set off off by the triangle of black elements is fabulous.
This foil paper makes this card a little extra special. I adore the shine in the center of the snowflake and how she grounded all that fancy paper with a neutral on the side.
I seriously loved that wave pattern from card one and three. The three embellishments from all the cards just makes good card sense so it had to come along too. I wanted to include some fancy paper like Geri did in her third card along with that beautiful snowflake.
Here's a bit of a close up for you. The waves didn't line up perfectly but I don't think it takes anything away from the card.
Thanks so much for joining me! Please hop over to Geri's blog and get acquainted with her. You'll be so glad you did :)