Happy Monday to you!
Are you guys ready to meet this week's genius?
It's Mary Dawn Quirindogo!!
I first met Mary Dawn way back when she was running A Blog Named Hero and I was on the design team. I instantly loved her. It's completely true. She's hilarious and kind, She is very sweet but she says it like it is She's like my personality doppelganger to the Nth degree but way more funny. Not only is she this super amazing person she is also a rock star crafter. It's seriously unfair ho talented she is. However, we get to oogle all her pretty things so I can't be mad about it. You can see all her awesomeness on her blog, My Pink Mexico.
1. Who are you and where do you live? I am Mary Dawn and I live in Central Kentucky.
2. How would you describe your style? I think my style is a little bit all over the place, so let's call it "eclectic".
3. Name one product you're completely crushing on right now? My current love are my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. They're the first coloring medium that gets me...or I get them, whatever, it's mutual.
4. What was your first crafty purchase? Clearsnap Colorbox Black Pigment Ink Would you still buy it now? In a word: no.
5. What is your current favorite song? Marvin Gaye by Charlie Puth & Meghan Trainor
6. Who would play you in a movie? Melissa McCarthy, let's just be real ;)
7. One random thing about you that people would never guess? I play MMORPGs, massively multiplayer online role playing games...my current favorite is Guild Wars 2.
Clearly her love affair with Zigs is mutual. She is doing amazing things with them. Also, I love me some RPG (Role Playing Games) I never played online but I own two Zelda shirts and I own that ish like nobody's business. What.
Time for Pretty Stuff . . .
Could you even love this more? The solid images watercolored with such a beautiful color combination is stunning. Wait right here while I go retrieve my socks that blew off.
Ohmegee. The depth on those flowers is incredible. I feel like I could just pluck them off her card. The combination of the bright red and light tiffany blue makes my heart go pitter patter.
I just love how she puts together color. The random background is gorgeous and I love how she paired it with neutral white heat embossing. That bold sentiment is just beautiful!
I know this doesn't look a single thing like any of the cards above. Haha.
Let me explain.
I had to get down with the watercoloring for sure. I wanted to try my hand at using a stencil to create a large outline like Mary Dawn did in her first card but I also wanted to use the flowers from the second card.
I compromised by using the ornament to create a bright red focal point. I adored the random splashes of color in her third card and wanted to mimic that. Last but not least a large black sentiment to finish it off just like Mary Dawn did in all three of her cards.
There's a video, of course :)
I hope you enjoyed.
A few things before you go . . .
You have until tonight at 11:59pm tonight to get entered for a spot in the Online Card Class Holiday Style. You can enter here.
You have two days to get in an entry for the CASEing Genius Anniversary Challenge. The link up closes at 11:59pm on Wednesday, November 11th. Lots of goodies to be won!
Don't forget to hop over and leave Mary Dawn some love!
Thanks so much for visiting!!