It's been a minute but I'm finally getting it together. It's probably for just like this one day though so don't get too excited.
I have a new Genius for you and I think you're going to love her
It's Kathy Wade!
I first met Kathy when we were on the A2ZScrapbooking design team together. She has such a cute style, all her stuff is so adorable! She's super busy but when she gets a post up it's worth the wait. You can check out her cards on her blog Wading in Creativity. This time last year I was blessed enough to meet Kathy and person and let me tell she's even more awesome in person. She's so sweet and kind. Really I just adore her. You know how you meet people and it's been five minutes but strangers would think you were friends for 15 years? Yeah, that's us.
Let's learn some things about Kathy . . .
1. Who are you and where do you live?I'm Kathy Wade and I live in Indianapolis, Indiana.
2. How would you describe your style?I guess I would say cute and colorful although I never think of myself as having a certain style.
3. Name one product you're completely crushing on right now?I'm really loving my Copic markers…again. I've had them for years, but I'm back to coloring everything in sight. And from the looks of my cards, apparently I've been loving bird and owl stamps as well!
4. What is was your first crafty purchase? Would you still buy it now?I was invited to a scrapbooking party and bought colored paper and "special" scissors. I still like colored and patterned paper, and I still use scissors, so I guess I would still buy it! It would probably just be a more trendy version of each.
5. What is your current favorite song?
I like so many different kinds of music that it's very hard to choose one favorite song, but if I had to pick a current favorite or two, it would be something upbeat like Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon or The Best Day of My Life by American Authors (I know this isn't all that current any more.) :) 6. Who would play you in a movie?
By today's standards, my life is not exciting enough to make a movie about it. lol!
7. One random thing about you that people would never guess?
I rarely ever (and by "rarely ever," I basically mean NEVER) drive the speed limit. Life's too short to drive slowly. :)
Apparently, we also have the same taste in music and speed :/
Time for the goods,
How fun is this? These crazy birds are everywhere but I love how Kathy paired it with some flowers for a softer look.
These brightly colored birdies are stealing my heart! The blue green blending is just awesome and I love the subtle pattern in the background.
OMG. This die cutting must have taken forever but man, it's cool! What an interesting way to break up a background panel. Not to mention highlight the sentiment!
I obviously had to use a bird on this card. She wasn't kidding when she said she loves 'em. haha! I wanted to combine the owl with some foliage like Kathy did on her first card. I wanted a more fall feel so I used a completely different color scheme but I think it's okay. I used stamping to mimic that gorgeous blue background from her second card. Last I added a black border around my panel as a nod to her beautiful black outline circles.
There's actually a video AND I talk in it. Christmas miracle.
Thanks so much for visiting. I have been behind the scenes working on something big for this series. Coming at the end of the month :)
Don't forget to go visit Kathy!
Thanks for visiting!