Happy Labor day!
I hope you are enjoying a long weekend off :)
It's time for another incredible Genius . . . .
I first found Rubeena on Instagram and was just blown away by her fantastic creations! Her style is so different than mine but I can't help but fall in love with each and every one of her creations. She layers her elements in such a fantastic way. I'd be lying if I didn't admit I'm just a bit jealous ;) She is super sweet too. Always bouncing around the net and Instagram leaving little bits of encouragement for her fellow crafters. Just love her :) You can check out all her yummy craftiness at her blog, A Rare Ruby.
Let's learn some things about her . . .
1. Who are you and where do you live?I’m Rubeena, aka A Rare Ruby or @rubznaz on social media. I'm a licensed social worker, writer, introvert, and daydreamer. I live in NJ.
2. How would you describe your style?I would say that I tend to lean towards layers and/or colors. As someone who enjoys learning, I love experimenting with different styles. I am definitely practicing more clean and simple cards recently and proud that I even made a white on white card! ;)
3. Name one product you're completely crushing on right now?Gold embossing powder! Heat embossing STILL fascinates me. I love watching that powder transform.
4. What is was your first crafty purchase? Would you still buy it now?K&Company's SMASH book (for scrapbooking). Oh no, I would not. Shortly after that purchase, I discovered inks and pattern paper and went straight into making cards. ;-)
5. What is your current favorite song?
I listen to a lot of foreign music but this piece always relaxes me: Walk from Agadir - Bahir Al Bakir.
6. Who would play you in a movie?I watch foreign movies and the one person I can think of is Konkona Sen Sharma because she’s short, brown, and sweet like me! :)
7. One random thing about you that people would never guess.My real friends know a lot about me since I'm pretty transparent. Online, I tend to be selective about what I share. Most people don't know that I was valedictorian in high school, I have lot of phobias, I love psychology and trying to analyze people and behavior, and I love colors but my wardrobe is dark.
I love psychology too! People are fascinating!!
How about some eye candy?
Wowza. I love how this card has so many layers and colors but still contains so much white. I adore the gold embellishments so much!
Oh my that little stained glass butterfly is so gorgeous on top of that intricate lacey background. She kept the perfect balance of pattern without being busy in this one for sure!
Um what?! This is amazing! What a fabulous way to add color. This must have taken ages to do but totally worth it!
I started with a geometric pattern from Rubeena's third card. I knew I had to make a shaker! The colors and gold came from her first card. The embossing from her third. I loved the lace background in her second card along with the sweet butterfly.
You can watch the video below:
It's pretty different from my usual style but that is one of the many reason why I love this series, it really pushes me to get out and try different things :)
It's time to announce the giveaway winner from my opinion post!
I received 53 wonderful opinions and the winner of the $25.00 MarkerPOP gift card is . . . .
True Random Number Generator 25
I'll be emailing you soon!
Don't forget to go visit Rubeena's blog. You won't be sorry!
Thanks for dropping by!