I am super excited to tell you today's genius is the spectacular
Leigh is unbelievably talented, all of her projects are always so well designed. I admire her ability to rock the cute but then elegant and then clean all very easily. I always leave her blog with a smile on my face. In addition to all that talent she is such a beautiful person, her comments are always kind and encouraging. She shares so much of herself, not just crafting, but her life. I love her "Five for Friday" post where she lets us in to her week. I hope you'll go visit her at her blog To The Full. You won't be disappointed!
Let's learn all about Leigh . . .
1. Who are you and where do you live? My name is Leigh Penner. I am wife to Cameron and mom to Austin, Jonah & Sage. We live in Morden, Manitoba, Canada.
2. How would you describe your style? This question is always so hard! I think my style is fairly CAS, but pretty and with layers.
3.Name one product you're completely crushing on right now?Oh, this is easy -- my MISTI! I got it a couple of months ago and I am loving it so much! It is perfect for stamping diecuts, multi-stamped images, etc.
4. What is was your first crafty purchase? Would you still buy it now? My first crafty purchase was when I hosted a CM party in May, 2003. I bought an album, refill pages and a mini paper trimmer. I stopped using the CM albums and pages when my friend stopped selling CM, but I still love my little paper trimmer (although, it is my second one -- I wore out the first one years ago!)
5. What is your current favorite song?Greater by Mercy Me. It's such a great song!
6. Who would play you in a movie? Jennifer Garner, definitely. ;)
7. One random thing about you that people would never guess? I am a second degree black belt in taekwondo. I started training with my oldest son six years ago, and my two other children joined us a couple of years later. Austin is a first degree black belt and Jonah & Sage are junior black belts, too. It's a family thing. :)
I got started scrapbooking with Creative Memories too! How funny!
Time for Leigh's gorgeous style
Hello! I love how soft this is. The drop shadow in the hello adds a bit of dimension and those veneer stars are the perfect accent!
Like this thing isn't right up my alley?! I love the layered flowers and those colors make my heart go pitter patter. I'm not sure I would have been about cutting through all that gorgeous stamping but I'm glad Leigh did because it's unique and beautiful. The sequins are a great finishing touch.
This is layering in the cleanest way. I cannot do this so I admire it greatly. It's still clean but each little layer brings just a bit of fabulous with it making the card so beautiful. That teal bow, gah!
It's pretty obvious I was inspired by Leigh's first two cards. I loved that gorgeous hello spanning the whole card. The colors and flowers clearly came from her second card.
I stamped and masked the flowers from Altenew's Whimsical Flowers set and colored them with copics in various shades of pinks and greens. I die cut the same hello from Simon Says Stamp Leigh used right through my stamping as a nod to her trimming her panel apart. I did inlay mine though. I added in a bit of shading next to my die cut inlay to give it that layered look Leigh achieved on her first card. I wanted something to be layered somewhere because of all her gorgeous layering on her third card. I know it's not what she achieved but it suits my card :) A scattering of sequins finished it off.
Don't forget to go to Leigh's blog so your socks can be knocked off by all the rest of her gorgeous creations!
Thank you so much for visiting and thanks to Leigh for playing along!