Thursday, January 15, 2015

Aw Sugar . . .

 bum bum bum, buh bum bum oh honey, honey . . .

Oh, Ahem. Hello Crafters!

I'm here today to share my card for the new Lia Stampz challenge. 
It's a sketch challenge which I love because sometimes it's nice to start with a guideline. However, if you aren't really into specific guidelines you can still play along. You have a choice between two sketches or a combination of the two. Pretty cool eh?

I chose one of them and stuck to it :)



The image I used is called Sugar Girl and she is one of the Vintage Girls in the Lia Stampz collection. I love all the girls but I just had to use this one! When I actually have spare time I use it to make all kinds of cupcakes. My favorite are blueberry cheescake (white cake with blueberry filling and cream cheese frosting. I die.) 

For the card I colored with copics and then added some detail with a white gel pen. I actually managed to use two different kinds of pattern paper. I'm sorry if I just gave you a mild heart attack. I know this is shocking news. 

If you'd like to play along just create a project using the sketches or combination of the two and link it up at the Lia Stampz blog. You don't have to use a Lia Stampz image to participate you can use anything. BUT if you do use a Lia Stampz image you can enter twice AND you'll get a free digi in your email. Good deal right? If your project is selected you get a $10.00 gift card to use in the store. If you'd like to peruse her adorable images you can check them out here. 

XoXo

9 comments:

  1. Love this card, Kelly... Its as sweet as sugar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring on that fun image, Kelly! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Look at that Copic coloring! I love the dress with its white dots; I think I had one like it once - ha! I'll have to check out this company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN!!! I'll need to share my Snickerdoodle Cupcake recipe' with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, about those blueberry cupcakes - Do you deliver?? It would be so cool to give some to my husband for our anniversary this coming Friday the 23rd!!! He loves blueberry ANYTHING!!!! But back to you and this yum-a-licious card!! What a fantastic coloring job and I love how you have such a knack for using the white pen in your detailing!! Awesome - all the way around!!! So much love to you - have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and By the way - I was singing right along with you!!! Great song - after singing to myself I had to go find it on Amazon to add to my playlist!!!! Thanks!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how I missed this gorgeous card, Kelly! Such a fabulous take on the sketch and your Copic coloring is just AMAZING!!! Thanks for the link to the challenge and digi store!

    ReplyDelete