Time for our next talented Genius!
I give you the uber talented
So pretty much Kara is awesome. She showcases so many different styles on her blog. I am baffled as to how she can expertly craft things in so many different ways but they still all look like "Kara" She also does this pretty fabulous Friday Inspiration File where she pins cards she loves that she has found during the week. It's crazy cool that she acknowledges the talent in other crafters. It's actually how I found Kara's blog to begin with. Lucky me. Lucky you too, You're definitely going to want to go check it out, K and R Designs. Hang on to your socks, because she's about to blow them off!
1. Who are you and where do you live?
My name is Kara Vrabel. I live in NJ with my husband, Ryan. We have been married for 11 years. I work as a high school Educational American Sign Language Interpreter.
2. How would you describe your style?Typically CAS, but I love all styles. I love to stamp patterns and experiment with new techniques.
3. Name one product you're completely crushing on right now?There are so many great products out there. I'm in love with the new Ugly Sweater stamp set from SSS. Cracks me up!
4. What is was your first crafty purchase? Would you still buy it now?Well I've been crafting all my life so I can't recall the actual first item I purchased. When I started making cards in 2003 I was very into quilling. It's very time consuming, but so beautiful. I'd love to get back into it.
5. What is your current favorite song?At the moment its Nye by Missy Higgins or All About The Bass by Meghan Trainor. The second one just makes us laugh!
6. Who would play you in a movie?I'd have to pick someone my husband thinks is cute like Sandra Bullock or Mila Kunis.
7. One random thing about you that people would never guess?
I'm kind of a neat freak. Ok, more than 'kind of'!
The moment i read that she loved Missy Higgins I super puffy hearted her even more. So talented and good taste in music. :)
Let's see some of her awesome work shall we?
This is just the perfect scene for a holiday card. I love how she included the skyline on her cardbase. Such a cool layout!
Um stop it. I'm a gigantic fan of masking, you know this, all those gorgeous flowers surrounding that heart warming sentiment. So beautiful!
Bright colors, CAS style, Black accent. I'm in love. Completely Smitten.
I told Kara once I think she uses magic to make her cards. Legit, I think she has fairies or nymphs or something that creates magic in a jar and she uses them to create her designs, I need a nymphfairy ASAP.
It's pretty clear I was influenced by Kara's last card. I loved that butterfly. I wanted to use some of the same colors she used on her second and third cards and I definitely wanted a bold sentiment to be the star like her second card with something flowing around it.
I used Peerless watercolors to cover a piece of watercolor paper. After it was dry I diecut several small butterflies using the Memory Box Butterfly Delights die. I also cut the large butterfly out of the watercolor paper and again out of a white card panel. After I inlayed the large butterfly I arranged the smaller ones around it . Once I was happy with those I die cut the word happy using a Simon Says Stamp die and then inlayed it in black. To give it some shine I coated it in glossy accents. My original plan was to mount it on black like Kara did but I just wasn't feeling it. So white on white it is :)
Thanks so much for visiting!
Don't forget to stop over at Kara's blog to find some inspiration!! You won't regret it I promise!