Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Happy Harvest: A CASE and a Sketch

 Hello Crafters!

This is my second post of the day, which is pretty unusual for me. See today my dear, sweet, loving monster  son decided he would like to get up at 1:30 am. You know so he could have a snack and play. 1:30 am is prime time for playing (only if you're 23 and single. Am I right?) Anyway. He went back to bed at 3:00am. 

Please let this kid sleep in. Please let this kid sleep in. 

8:00am BOOM! Bright eyed and bushy tailed (and extremely cranky) we are up at it. Mickey's Clubhouse isn't going to watch itself Mom! 

We eat, we play, I sleep, we cuddle on the couch. Nap time comes around. Paci, blankie, ocean sounds. Hugs, kisses, love yous, tuck in. 

***SCREAMING***

This is how my day went ALL DAY LONG. Needless to say when my husband got home I handed said monster  son over and holed up in my craft room. Ahh Serenity. 

I had been eyeing the CASE Study Challenge this week but I didn't think I really had any of the necessary supplies to get something together. 
No burlap. No Apple stamp . . ..or did I? When I was going through my stamps I had completely forgot that the Wagon of Wishes by Newton's Nook had a wagon full of apples! 

Another challenge I kept going back to this week was the current Deconstructed Sketch.  Again loved the sketch but it wasn't flowing with the other projects I was working on.


I think the two challenges worked quite well for me today! And it even looks like a fall(ish) card! Whoo Hoo!


Originally I had my stamped panel on a kraft card base. It was cute but I much prefer the white. Plus let me tell you something you might not know. Kraft is the worst thing to photograph ever. Kraft is like your husband's drunk college buddy who photobombs all your wedding photos. The pictures look awful and nobody likes that guy. I thought it was just me but then I saw Kara mentioned it in her post here. Check out her amazing card while you're there :) 

For this card I stamped, fussy cut, colored with distress inks, and puzzle pieced them back together again. I think often with CAS cards it's the little extra details that make it POP so I added stickles to the sweet bird and glossy accents to the apples. I also added glossy accents to the wheel wells after I colored them with a silver pen. The grass was drawn in with  paint brush and distress inks. 

Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you have a peaceful Tuesday night with no monster 
children or photobombing drunkards ha!

XoXo

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Amazing coloring and I LOVE that little touch of glitter!Thanks for joining us this week for the CASE Study Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image
    love how you coloring
    love the CAS design you did
    love the add of the twine
    and love to read your story..
    How old your little monster Son?(may I tell him monster too hihi SMILE)
    I was having little monster son two times
    At 2004 and at 2007 now he is 10 and the other monster already 7 also much time for creating buuuut not always cause work half day and cook at home (I love cook Indonesian food) also less time to blogging...you are Great mom that you can posting every day ...me not...I can only posting if my husband look at the football match at TV and kids at Bed...
    I am sorry long story...
    Big hugs and I love your blog and your style...hugs, Monika in Munich

    ReplyDelete