Sunday, September 21, 2014

CASE: Feathers and Kraft

 Hello Crafters! 

How has your weekend been? Fabulous, I hope. 

I went back to work last night after a week off. It doesn't even feel like I left. Isn't that always the case? Ah, well in two weeks I'll leave for good. (insert loud sobbing full on ugly cry) but hopefully moving on to bigger and better things! 

Today I am playing along with CASE Study where the muse for this month is still the incredible Debbie Hughes. Everything she creates is simply stunning. It's like no matter what style of stamp, elegant, cute, realistic, whatever she turns it into this gorgeous masterpiece that you just KNOW is Debbie's. This week's card is no exception


Debbie's card had a really elegant feel to it. I loved the soft feel the feathers and vellum gave. The embossing is gorgeous. I didn't have silver or gold sequins so I incorporated it a different way. 


So you remember last week when I told you Kraft is the photobombing drunk friend at your wedding. Yeah, I still pretty much hate trying to photograph it. Something happens to it and it turns SO red. What the what?! Kraft why do you hate me so?! I'm still miffed but I'll move on . . .

I die cut several of the Simon Says Stamp feathers in white then applied Versamark to only the sides. I dipped them haphazardly in both silver and gold and heat set them. Yes, the embossing powders mixed. No I don't care. That stuff lasts forever so it doesn't matter if I waste a little :)   I adhered them in a half circle to give a nod to Debbie's wreath. A whole circle of them was just too much. 

I added kraft to my card base them added a white panel on top with dimensional adhesive. The feathers were adhered flat to the white and with dimensional adhesive on the kraft. Does that make sense? Are you picking up what I'm putting down? 

The sentiment is also from Simon Says Stamp. I heat embossed the stamped portion with the same gold and silver combo I used for the feathers. I die cut it into a circle and then adhered it to a larger vellum circle. The die cut that matches the stamp set was dipped in the same embossing powders. 

I felt like it needed something else so at the recommendation of the dear Linda Trace I added the pearls. I quite like them now. I didn't at first but they grew on me. 

Alright that's it for me! Off to work I go :)
Thanks for visiting!!

XoXo

7 comments:

  1. I love your take on Debbie's card Kelly ..What a fantastic card this is ..The feather's, the placement everything just works so well ..love it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow such a fantastic card Kelly. Great you joined us over at case study challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Kelly! I love the embossing! And the pearls are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I like the touch of gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beatiful! I like the bronze with the orange and the pearls are such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so creative! Love your version of the wreath!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASE Study!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your interpretation, Kelly! This is gorgeous... the embossing on the feathers is terrific!

    ReplyDelete