Sunday, August 3, 2014

Thanks for Being a Friend: CASE Study

 Hello crafters! 

I'm popping in super quick to share my card for the current CASE Challenge Study
This month's muse is Shari Carroll who is always fabulous, like she needs a introduction from me right?! 

I love the card they picked to CASE. 


These flowers hit big about the same time I started blogging. I was 100% completely totally smitten with Hero Arts. And well quite honestly I still am :) 
Here is my take


I really wanted to use one Hero Arts big flowers but I felt like it would be too similar . . .like my card isn't similar enough. ha! I chose another Hero Arts set with smaller blooms. 

I did insert bits of myself into her design . I added some picked raspberry into my flowers to make them brighter. The same with the leaves where I added mowed lawn. 

I still wanted the tone on tone look Shari used but I opted for embossing paste mixed with brushed corduroy distress ink and stencil to get it. I masked the sentiment to leave off the flower. Of course it wouldn't be one of mine without the stardust stickles :) 

Thanks for stopping by!

XoXo

5 comments:

  1. OMG I love this card Kelly! Absolutely gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful take on the inspiration! I adore your big red blooms!
    Thanks for joining us at Case Study!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous :) I love the BG with these bold and beautiful flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love your beautiful flowers with their touch of sparkle! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love your glitter details! Thanks for joining us this week for the CASE Study Challenge!

    ReplyDelete