Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Cas-ual Fridays, Finally!

 Early morning and late night . . . 
the times of day I must now craft and post due to my wonderful blessing :) 

So for quite some time now I've been pining away for some CAS-ual Fridays stamps. I saved up my pennies and was finally able to purchase some. I love new stamps and I especially love when they are good stamps. Not just good designs but good quality. These are both, yay! 

I figured it only fitting to use my new stamps to enter into this week's CAS-ual Friday's challenge. Kraft and text! If you've been here before you know kraft and I are not friends :( I want to like her, really I do. Sometimes we get along but mostly we spend our time avoiding each other because we have no mutual interests! Fortunately, I think we were able to put our differences aside to create not one but two cards. I think the fabby stamps may have made mediator here :)


This attempt number one. I stamped my bricks (from Brickworks), sentiment and arrow first. I had to mask them all because I stamped the background in frost white. Unfortunately with that ink the black doesn't completely cover it :(  I really wanted to play up the text part of the challenge. I used several of the words from the Rad set to create it. Once that was dry (like forever later!) I used my exacto knife to cut out some of the bricks. To create the pops of color I used Hero Arts Neon inks to color some papers which I trimmed and glued behind the open bricks. Of course I added stardust stickles to random bricks and the title :)
This was going to be my entry but then I felt like it wasn't CAS so I made the next one. Tonight I went over and viewed the other entries and I think this one will fit the bill so I guess I'm going to enter them both :)


This one is way more my style! Just a smidge of kraft! Again I stamped the bricks, sentiment, and arrows first. Then I used the leftover fussy cut kraft and colored pieces to fill in the bricks. A little more stickles and done. I really love it :)

Thanks for popping in! I just got my new Lawn Fawn in the mail so I'm off to play with that while my little fussy bucket sleeps away <3

4 comments:

  1. Love both of these, Kelly! The different colored bricks are so eye-catching! What a wonderful card to give to a teen, especially ... those are sometimes the hardest to make. You sure rocked the CAS-ual Fridays stamps! Thanks for playing in the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, these are the bomb! I love what you did the stamps!! So glad you are enjoying them, and I'm happy you were able to get some "me" time in to have some fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the bright color bricks and fabulous stamping! fabulous cards! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both totally awesome! Love them!

    ReplyDelete