Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day, One More Time

 Hello crafty Peeps!

I know Mother's Day is over but I have one more card to share with you. I meant to post this yesterday but the hubby had a very busy day so I was trying to help out with the things I could around the house. Which isn't much at 9.5 months pregnant lol

Anyway, I'm playing along with CASE Study Challenge the muse this month is Maile Belles and I'm sure I don't have to tell you how amazing she is :) I mean Wow!!

Here is her card


and my take


 This was my Mom's card for Mother's Day.
I kept the 3 flowers and her layout. I changed up the colors though. I stamped Hero Arts Etched Flower twice and fussy cut just the blooms. I colored them with scattered straw and worn lipstick. I adhered some pattern paper straight to my card base. The white panel has a strip of Glitter Ritz at the very bottom and some bubblegum twine from Timeless Twine tied on top of it. It's super hard to see in the photo :(

I arranged the flowers, adhering the two smaller blooms flat and the large one with dimensional adhesive.  Again I did a smidge of masking to get the sentiment to lay how I wanted. 

Thanks for stopping over. I'll be back later today with a card I created for another challenge . . .you know you gotta meet those deadlines :)


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Kelly! Love the pretty paper and the gorgeous way you colored the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! i love the patterned paper detail paired with those pretty flowers! your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Kelly, this is gorgeous!
    Love your take on the "case study picture"!!
    Awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOO beautiful Kelly! Love your take on that awesome card!!! Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, this is a stunning take on the Case Study and a card any mother would be delighted to receive!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the inking of your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Kelly! Fabulous take on the CASE! :)

    ReplyDelete