Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Long Time No Challenge

 
Hello crafters!

So it's been a minute since I had time to play along just for fun. This month over at CASE Study JJ Bolton is the muse so I wanted to make sure I played along at least once! She is so inspirational :)
Here is her card


I loved the repeating elements, founded corners, and simple sentiment. With those things in mind . . . 

First I flipped the card layout. I tried it vertical and horizontal, this just looked better to me.  For my repeating element I chose hexagons and I took them monochromatic. I used several different patterns of pink  from various collections. The solid pink hexagons got a generous coat of stardust stickles :) You know how I love my stickles!

To make the card a little more interesting I trimmed my one piece into strips and adhered them off set. I also mounted them at different levels. I used the "faux chipboard" idea to do that. So the 1/4 has an extra sheet underneath it. the 1/2 has 2 and finally the 1 1/2 has 3. The sentiment was adhered using foam tape. 

I did enjoy playing just for fun tonight. Among all things baby there is just no time! 
Thanks for stopping in to visit. I'll be back tomorrow for week 3 of A Blog Named Hero's birthday celebration. This week we are celebrating with Avery Elle, you won't want to miss it :) 


2 comments:

  1. this looks like a cozy quilt! What a cool effect :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ is so inspiring I had to play along this time too :) love the quilt like look of your cozy card :))

    ReplyDelete