Monday, January 14, 2013

CASE Hearts

Nothing for moths then two in a week :) Feast or famine I tell ya!   

Once I made one card I went on the hunt for any more challenges I might want to play along with while I had my mojo. My first stop was CASE Study and the inspiration card by Amber Kemp-Gerstel is gorgeous. 


This card immediately made me think of  a die I received for Christmas, which I love SO much. It's the Holiday Shapes die from Simon Says Stamp. It has 4 itty bitty hearts and 4 itty bitty stars. Itty bitty hearts I say, PERFECT!


I used the die to cut several hearts from a piece of cardstock. Once that was done I used repositional adhesive to use it as a mask. I laid it down on a white card base at a diagonal to create some interest. 

I rubbed on ripe persimmon, picked raspberry, and seedless preserves to color in my hearts. Once that was done I removed my mask and stamped my greeting which is from Hero Arts XO set. 

I rounded all four corners then in typical Kelly fashion I added stardust stickles to random hearts to finish it off.  It kind of reminds me of the patterns you would see on the side of roller skates in the 80's hehe :) 

Thanks for stopping by and for all your support. You guys are completely awesome! 

11 comments:

  1. Love the bold rich colours on all that white - and that they're on a diagonal - I never think to do something (so simple and yet so effective) like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely take on Amber's card, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful CASE, but still unique, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! i saw Amber's card and drooled all over the screen. Your take on it is just as gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Kelly!!
    Great take on the fab inspiration photo/card!
    Keep going; you're doing GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this ombre effect! And we can never have enough Diamond Stickles in the world! Glad that you are back to posting!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous design...love the embossing...what a rich look! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  9. EEEK! I couldn't possibly love it more, brilliant design!! Thanks for joining us at CASE study! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Popping back to congratulate you, Kelly, on WINNING the CASE Study! Squee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly, this is gorgeous and perfectly CAS-well done on the win-happy dance!!
    If you fancy checking out a couple sites I am on the DT, it would be great to see you
    The first one is a CAS site:
    http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.co.uk/
    And the second is a mix, but I love the challenges:
    http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

    Hope to see you and congrats again!

    ReplyDelete