Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sweet Flower with CASE Study and Play Date Cafe

Hi guys!

So with the holiday this week I got my days confused and almost missed my opportunity to play along with the Play Date Cafe and CASE Study. eeek! Thankfully I had time to get crafty and now I'm sneaking in under the wire :) I'm also throwing it in the hopper for Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes.

here are The Play Date Cafe's colors for this week:


and in celebration of CASE Study's anniversary the challenge is to CASE ourselves. This is the card I chose to CASE. 

Combine the two together and you get:

I kept the same layout as well as the popped up negative. The flower was colored with Picked raspberry, seedless preserves, and dusty concord. The background looks blue but was actually colored with peacock feathers and stamped using magical background. That little chevron is from Hero Arts frame cuts. I colored it as well as the leaves with crushed olive and mowed lawn. Some stickles and a rhinestone finished off the flower. I left the sentiment off because I have very few cards that aren't already stamped and it never fails I need one for something I don't have, ha!

Thanks for popping in guys! It's my day on A Blog Named Hero tomorrow and I'll be featuring a card set with an often overlooked stamp, hope you'll stop by :)  

7 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Kel! Love the colours and those gorgeous flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how unique! love the negative die cut and the bold colours :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, you made such a sweet card. Totally love how you used the chevron stripe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! Love the vibrant colors!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this layout, Kelly! The stamped circle looks perfect with your gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous use of color on both of these designs, Kelly! I adore the negative space behind the flowers. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this wonderful flower and such a fantastic design! I may need to CASE your card too! Good idea to leave off the sentiment. It always happens that if I need a thank you card, they all say "happy birthday"!

    ReplyDelete