Tuesday, July 17, 2012

You Inspire Me

Hi Crafty Peeps!

Today's card is for two challenges. Normally I'm not one to to do a two for one deal but that's how it happened this time :)

First up is The Play Date Cafe with a gorgeous color story


Then we have the lovely CASE Study Challenge muse Kristii Lockart's card

and now you know why this card is for two challenges. Kristii used the same colors as The Play Date Cafe!

Before I share my card I have one more topic to cover. I have several followers for which I am very grateful. You guys come visit me and leave me comments and genuinely make my day a better day. I have one follower in particular who comes every day, every post and leaves me the most amazing comments. The other day her comment simply said "Kelly, you inspire me!" that one sweet comment stayed with me all day because well, it's completely awesome but because she inspires me too. So this card is for Kara Lynne. I am so grateful that you come visit and leave your fantastic comments that make little old me feel amazing. She is a wonderful crafter too! You can check out her fabulous creations here. Thank you, Kara Lynne so much for your sweetness, but more than anything thank you for inspiring me to be a better commenter, crafter, visitor, and friend!

Okay onto the card!


Fairly simple card today. I loved Kristii's general layout with the pattern paper taking up 3/4 of the card along with those sweet squares for her focal point. 

I cut my squares and repeatedly stamped the same butterfly. After I colored with my copics I mounted them on a black square. The yellow pattern paper is from Echo Park's Dots and Stripes (I CANNOT stop using these papers, I may need an intervention soon!) To finish it off I added some stardust stickles to the butterflies. (Of course I did!)

Thanks for stopping by! Please know that I do genuinely appreciate the time you take to leave me a comment and make my day!

15 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your cas take on the case study! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! How do I comment on that! I'm just reading along and there's my name! Maybe I'm a bit hormonal today, but it really brought tears to my eyes. This is a beautiful card, Kelly. I love how you blended the two tones together on the butterflies and the fluttery movement they show being stamped off the edge. I'm so humbled and honored that you dedicated it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card for the sweet Kara Lynne! She is a true treasure! LOVE those angled stripes across the base of your card, and those individual, butterfly squares are fantastic and so full of life! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just amazing! LOVE those butterflies in the squares...so unique! I had to laugh, because I was thinking of Kara Lynne today as well...she is a treasure with her comments :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Love the design! I totally agree with everything you said about Kara Lynne too! Thanks for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing as always, chica! You have such a great eye for design... WOW. Love how you interpreted both challenges, and what a sweet sentiment for your muse, Kara! You are such a doll.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card! I think it's a perfect take on the CASE. I love how you've used our colours too. So glad you could join in the fun with us this week over at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those butterflies are gorgeous! Perfect use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, this is awesome, great job!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, gorgeous card Kelly - HUGE congrats on your Play Date Cafe win! and you are right, Kara Lynne is a treasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Kelly...Love your card and congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you've stamped the butterflies inside the punched squares, and your coloring is fantastic! This is a beautiful, clean and simple CASE of Kristii's card. Thanks for sharing it with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely coloring! And the paper you used is so pretty! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete