Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sweet Tulips

 Two posts in one day? Well there is a deadline  . . .

I had time to play along with another challenge today and the deadline is tonight so I'll have two posts in one day . . .hope you don't mind :)

This time I'm playing along with CASE Study and the muse is Kristii Lockart. I absolutely love this challenge because not only do you get to be inspired it introduces you to talent you've never seen before :) Here is Kristii's adorable card

I immediately fell in love with that lightly inked background circle. So subtle but adds so much! I also thought the sweet flower garden at the bottom was just lovely. With these things in mind I started my card. 

So these aren't Hero Arts stamps. I know you are shocked that I own anything that isn't Hero Arts. I actually own plenty that isn't but none of them stacked up in quality to what I was used to so I don't use them. But these stacked up quite nicely, these stamps are Sweet Stamp Shop. The quality is fantastic and the images are adorable so I'm pretty happy :)



Anywho I started by die cutting my circle from a white panel the same size as my card front. I traced my circle onto my card base and inked it up with broken china. The clouds are from Scootin' By and they were also stamped in broken china. I laid my die cut panel on top then stamped my flowers. The flowers are from Sweet Spring.

The sentiment was stamped and trimmed into a banner. I adhered it to my panel then added some pretty baker's twine from doodlebug. I USED TWINE, YAY! I have so much of it, I just never use it (shame on me, I know). 

I adhered the panel to my card base with dimensional adhesive. The flowers were stamped and colored with copics then trimmed out. I added them with two layers of dimensional adhesive so they really stand out. Some stardust stickles make them shine :)

Okay I'm really done for today, promise ;) Thanks for looking! 


7 comments:

  1. LOVE your spin on the card! It's just perfect. I like all the white space :) And the soft (but vibrant? can that even happen??) colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with Danielle, soft but vibrant at the same time. Beautiful card, Kelly. I like the white on white banner too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous CAS card! Love the while space :) Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um... it was meant to be "white space". Sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, love your inspiration! The bakers twine and banner is sweet! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little "window" as a backdrop to the flowers. I adore the way you've tied the twine around the banner, too. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! LOVE this design!! And I never use twine, either. Have tons, use none. LOL :/

    ReplyDelete