Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mojo Colors Revisited

Good morning!

and it is an exceptionally good morning because I discovered that this card was named Top 3 at CASE Study and the winner at The Play Date Cafe! Squeal!! Simon Says Stamp here I come :)

So a few weeks ago over in the A Blog Named Hero Flickr group we did a color challenge of Yellow, Teal, and Gray. Today I'm sharing another card with those colors, I just love them!

Usually, I gravitate toward a charcoal gray when using gray in a color scheme this time I went a little lighter.

I first trimmed my stripe pattern paper and adhered it to my card base. Next I stamped that gorgeous flower once on white and once on yellow. I wanted the flower to have very clean white tips so I trimmed the yellow petals, minus the tip, and adhered them to the white flower. I think this style of paper piecing gives the flower dimension with absolutely no help :) 

The leaves were stamped and colored with peacock feathers. That sweet button in the center is from Mossy Made, LOVE! I left the sentiment off because I'm donating this card to Laurel Beard's Heroes Card Drive and one of the desired category is blank cards. If you have cards to send please do help out. It's a wonderful cause! 

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a day as bright and sunshiny as that big ole' flower :) 

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Kelly. The flower is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your two wins, Kelly!!! Very well deserved for sure. I love the way you left the edges white on your gorgeous flower. It's bright and cheerful. Your simple graphic background really highlights that bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!
    Love the color combo and the large flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Kelly... love how you pieced the flower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say congrats on your wins! :D So deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Looove that BIG flower and the way you pieced it! That color combo is beautiful! Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your win at the Play Date Cafe!! This card is absolutely stunning Kel! Love those colours and that flower is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete