Saturday, July 28, 2012

Happy Anniversary, Tuesday Trigger!

Good morning crafters!

So today we are throwing my in laws a 40th Anniversary party and of course I needed a card :) When I saw Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger I knew I had found my inspiration.

Now at first you're going to think "How did she get this from that?!" but don't worry I'll explain.

Here is the sweet inspiration photo
Now I loved  that dainty doily the cake stand is on, I also thought the silver cake stand was beautiful. The ruffles are gorgeous but they just aren't my style so I used them differently. I picked some colors out from the banners and started creating. 


So know that I have totally confused you :) I used the starburst lace as my "doily". The edges of these Hero Arts roses mimic the "ruffles" (at least to me anyway :) The sentiment banner is my nod to the actual banners and the colors came from there too. Well all except the grey, that came from the cake stand. 

I stamped the doily in Memento London Fog. I stamped, colored with copics, and trimmed the roses. I actually cut them apart so I could arrangement them how I wanted. I adhered the roses using three different layers of dimensional adhesive. The littlest rose sits the highest. 

I added a strip of coral paper as well as a little strip of grey. Then I mounted my stamped panel with some more dimensional adhesive. Last I added some stickles to just the edges of the roses. 

Okay that's it for me! I'm off to grab a "nap" in between work and the party. Oh the joys of night shift I tell you! Thanks for stopping by :) 


8 comments:

  1. A really pretty card Kelly. I love your interpretation of the inspiration photo - it all makes sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I love the Sunburst Lace as the background for the flowers! Beautiful take on the TT! PS: I also used Starburst Lace stamp for this TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, an AMAZING design! Truly beautiful... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could totally see how you were inspired before I read the explanation! LOVE that the ruffle is in the roses. The silver is gorgeous too. Have fun at the party, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love the vibrant colours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kelly! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete