Tuesday, June 26, 2012

CASE Sunshine

Hey crafty peeps!

Today I'm tossing my hat in the ring for this week's CASE Study Challenge.  The fab Joy Taylor is the muse in case you have forgotten and here is her card

Per usual Joy's card is delightful! I really loved the puffy clouds and her embossed circle background. Now when you first see my take your going to say "huh?!" but I'll explain I promise :)


When I look at Joy's card I see sky. What's in the sky? Clouds and sun and rainbows! My favorite :) 

I used my spellbinders circles to cut the rainbow, I thought it played well off Joy's embossed background. I colored each piece with my copics because frankly it was easier than cutting out each circle in a different color. The sun is almost identical to this card. the only difference is I stamped on yellow card stock in poppy ink. The bottom cloud and the sun were added with dimensional adhesive. 

I added some stardust stickles to the rainbow and my little heart because everything is better with stickles hehe

Thanks for coming to visit! I do hope your day is filled with sunshine and laughter :)


8 comments:

  1. I love love LOVE this card! If this is what you make when your mojo is lost, then DAMN GIRL!! You are talented :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was supposed to be from my personal account but oh well LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - everything is better with Stickles! :) Love this happy, beautiful card, Kelly! It's an awesome take on Joy's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable! Love the cheerful colors and design and the added sparkle. Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is a wonderful take on Joy's. I love how you used the circles in your rainbow and the heart is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, I LOVE this card! I love how you interpreted Joy's card, like turning the circles into the rainbow... I just love how you think. And that cute little heart... have I said how much I totally love this card?! LOL :D

    ReplyDelete