Monday, May 21, 2012

Monochromatic CASE

Happy Monday to you!

I hope your weekend treated you well! We have a little over a week before we're off on vacation and I can't wait! Last year we didn't take a vacation because the year before that we got married. That year we went on vacation in June then got married in August, so it's like we had TWO vacations in one year. I cannot wait to feel my toes in the water and butt in the sand!! :)

Anywho, let's move on shall we?

I missed playing along with CASE Study last week so I made sure I squeezed it in this week :) I just adore Aga's creations and this week is no different. Check out this GORGEOUS card!


So beautiful! I love so many things about this card but especially how she kept it monochromatic. Sometimes these types of cards are hard for me but Aga makes it looks so easy! I decided to dive right in :)


I started by creating my tag. I loved the woodgrain but felt it would have overpowered my sentiment so I used the more subtle envelope pattern instead. I stamped this in soft pool shadow ink. The butterfly was colored with my copics then trimmed out. I stamped my sentiment then adhered only the butterfly body to the tag to create some movement.

To make my faux ribbon loop I just colored a small piece of cardstock and folded it over. I didn't want to leave out that fantastic woodgrain so I did just a small strip stamped in Splash chalk ink. The entire tag was adhered with dimensional adhesive. Of course, I couldn't let that butterfly go without a little bit of stardust stickles!

I'm off to work. Hope your day is absolutely lovely! Thanks for stopping in :)



8 comments:

  1. i love the cas version in your design. great take on the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a great take on the inspiration card. I love how you changed up the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Kelly! Love your take on the inspiration photo and LOVE that washi tape! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Kelly! Great interpretation of the inspiration piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you kept a monochromatic color scheme but went with that pretty blue! And the banner tucked behind the tag gives it such a fresh look. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, love how you took the inspiration card and made it your own with a different colour and one butterfly :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete