Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Something a little different

Hello Friends!

Today I have something a little different for you. It's still a card just with a little more pattern then I usually use :) First I'm playing along with the wonderful new challenge A Blog Named Hero.  They say we can enter as many times as we want . . .oh boy are they going to be seeing a lot of me :) I also created this card for CASE Study. This month Laurie Schmidlin is the very talented muse.

Here is Laurie's gorgeous card

I really loved her color combo and that diagonal strip was calling to me :)


I haven't used any kind of pattern paper in for ever and I guess technically I still haven't since I made this strip :)

I started by cutting a 2 inch wide panel. I stamped the heart (Hero Arts, Year Round Sentiments) first in Poppy chalk ink (Hero Arts) then in London Fog (Memento) so that they overlap each other. The gray actual looked like a soft teal once I rubbed scatter straw distress ink over the whole thing. To bring in the white I added dots of enamel accents to the heart centers. I adhered this panel at an angle on my white card base then "framed" it with two teal strips. I don't know why but I always feel like my edges are unfinished if I don't frame it with something!

I stamped the Heart (Hero Arts, Four Hearts) twice. First in Splash Chalk ink and then again in Poppy. I trimmed out the poppy heart to be slightly smaller than the splash. For my banner I used a wide piece of grey then stamped the sentiment (Hero Arts, Year Round Sentiments) in London Fog.

If you haven't yet purchased Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments set I would highly recommend it. I'm using this one all over the place :) So another card finished without any stickles . . .I think I might be sick lol

Thanks for popping in :)

3 comments:

  1. OH I love this one too, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love love love. great colour choices, great images. the torn text paper is a great addition and the heart card is so fun.

    Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!

    Good lucK!
    Linda

    A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well goodness, that is thee most perfect stamped patterned paper ever! And to top it off, it is so pretty! What an awesome card and awesome design.

    ReplyDelete