Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Loving Scraps

Two in a day! I know it's wild :)

This card is for the CASE Study challenge. The Muse for the month was the hugely talented Laura Bassen. I love her creations so much and I hardly got to play along at all.

Here is Laura's gorgeous inspiration

and my take


I literally made this from things laying on my desk (This means my desk is a mess well used  :)
The focal point was created months ago when I took Jennifer McGuire's Inspiration Showcase. I loved the way it came out but couldn't come up with a good way to use it lol. I embossed glossy paper with Regal Flourishes (Tim Holtz/Sissix) then sanded and cut out my heart and label. For the label I rubbed on Latte chalk ink and for the heart I used punch.

The rest is super simple. A large scrap of red and two smaller strips colored with broken china distress ink. Everything was adhered flat to the white card base except the label. I popped that up on foam. The sentiment (Hero Arts, Year Round Sentiments) was stamped and trimmed into a banner.

Even though it was made from scraps I still love it :)

Thanks for popping in to have a look!

1 comment:

  1. Super lovely card! Love the embossing. Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week!! xx

    ReplyDelete