Friday, April 27, 2012

Dogs and Butterflies

Good Morning!

I have a little vent before we move onto the card for today. I'm not sure if I've ever shared but I am the "Momma" to two dogs. Molly is a one year old mastiff/boxer/lab mix. Molly was found on street in the city where I work. The first day I met her she slept under my desk all day at work. I told my hubby she picked me :)


Samantha was "adopted" from my sister. My sissy moved and couldn't keep her so she came to stay with us. "Mana Banana" as I so affectionately call her is a eleven year old lab/chow mix.


So now that I have introduced you to my "children" maybe you can help me with my problem. Samantha cries every time we put her in her cage. Now, I love her but sometimes I want to strangle her! Every night I lay in bed waiting until she stops crying before I can fall asleep. I've tried covering her cage with a blanket, yelling, and simply telling her to knock it off. Nothing has worked. In fact, as I type this she is in her bed crying . . .grrrr. If you have ANY suggestions I'm wide open!

Thanks for sticking with me through my complaining :) Now on to the card. I'm throwing my hat in the ring for this week's Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab. The inspiration is beautiful but I struggled to make this card


this is what I came up with

I inked up my paper very lightly with my distress ink colors before stamping the background in versamark. Once I clear embossed I added more distress ink. I saw this on someone else's card but I'm not sure who, please forgive me. It gives a much softer look than just clear embossing on white which I really like. I stamped my butterflies in archival ink. Once they were dry I trimmed them out and adhered just the bodies to my white card base.

The overall look of this card is a little bolder than the inspiration photo but it's what came together for me after SEVERAL tries :) All the stamps are Hero Arts. I used Antique Engravings, Truly Appreciated and the Leaf and Floral background.

Happy Friday to you!

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could help you with your dog situation...I couldn't bear to hear my Lucy cry when we got her. I was determined (or not so much really) to crate train her but in the end both dogs sleep on my bed with dh and i every night. I can't imagine them being anywhere else. It's crowded...especially when dd comes in but I guess I wouldn't have it any other way. They are all my babies! lol

    I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no help either with your dog problem. It took my Bichon 2 months after I adopted her to train me that she really should sleep with me or she'll wake me up 4-5 times a night just to see if I'm still there. Now I wouldn't trade it for anything. Well, there was the night I woke up and she was resting her head on my right eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I couldn't take the crying so they sleep with me. Guess we know who's in charge at my house. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kelly! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete