Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hanging Heart Hugs

So over at Lily Pad Cards they have added a new challenge, Virginia's View. I am so excited because I super love Virginia's work. You can check out her fabulous work on her blog Yes, Virginia...

This is Virginia's first challenge and I HAD to play along

and here is my take



The photo is so gorgeous I took it quite literal. I stamped the sentiment (Hero Arts, Truly Appreciated) first then began stamped the hearts (Hero Arts, Sweet Hearts) around it. I stamped the hearts again on a separate piece of white. I colored them with seedless preserves, worn lipstick, and dried marigold. To blend them I sprayed the heck out of them with Pearl Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels). Once they were dry I fussy cut them out and adhered them to the card. I drew in the hanging lines with a fine black pen and a ruler.

Now I love some pearl shine but my heart lies with stickles :) The pearl really muted the colors so I decided to add the stardust stickles to really make them pop off the card. I rounded one corner for some balance then popped up the whole panel on a white card base.

I really think it came out simple and sweet. yay :) Oh side note if anyone has some tips for photographing white cards please let me know. As you can see I struggle lol

Okay I'm off to play with some more stamps and ink! Thanks for coming over :)

6 comments:

  1. Simple and sweet and oh, so perfect! Just love this, Kelly! Beautiful take on Virginia's photo! So glad you played along at Lily Pad Cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this...really LOVE this sweet card. I think you captured the inspiration perfectly; I'm loving those glittery hearts and the CAS design! Thanks for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Kelly! I love your composition and hanging hearts! Absolutely gorgeous!So glad that you join the fun with us at Lily Pad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, love all the sparkle and the design. Thank you for playing with us at lilypad cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card, an't believe you used worn lipstick to colour in, very resouceful

    ReplyDelete