Monday, June 13, 2011

Case Study and CAS-ual Fridays

Good Morning crafters :)

I'm sad it's Monday and I'm going back to work however I had a lovely week off. The house got cleaned, (well mostly) and I got a lot of cards made. Plus yesterday my wonderful hubby went and bought me a new craft/computer chair. My old one was really bothering my back so the new one has lumbar support yay!

Today I am playing along with CASE Study. This is a challenge I don't usually play along with, don't get me wrong I really do enjoy the inspiration challenge but for some reason or another this is one that slips through the cracks, but not this time! Jill Foster is the June muse so I had to play along. I just love her style, she is so super talented. She is the Queen of inspired by so what better Muse could there be?!

Here is the inspiration card


Isn't this just gorgeous!! I mean wow! I was really loving the colors Jill chose so I ran with it.


I started by die cutting my main panel, for that I used nestabilities labels 4. Next I inked up the large fabric design (Hero Arts) with versamark, stamped the background, and heat set it with white embossing powder. I rubbed on worn lipstick, spiced marmalade, barn door, and dusty concord. To really make it pop off the card I traced around my nesti to add a black border. I adhered the panel using foam.

The flower (Hero Arts, Four Flowers)  I stamped on a scrap piece of white. I rubbed on the same four colors I used for the die cut panel then fussy cut it out. I threaded a black button with white for the center.

So after I finished this card I went to go make my card for CAS-ual Fridays. They are doing a fun tic-tac-toe board for their challenge.


After looking at the board I realized I didn't need to make another card :) This one has Buttons, a Die, and embossing.

Two birds one stone :)

Hope you all have a wonderful start to your week and thanks for coming by!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful inspired card, Kelly! I love the vibrant colors along with the white embossing!Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Your card is just to beautiful. Love the background on your die cut piece- total stunner! And that flower just makes me happy. Big hugs to you, my friend. Thanks for your kind words!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the the background detail on the cut out shape and the colours are just wonderful.

    Thank you for playing at CASE Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Kelly, the warm colors are beautiful and that damask background is gorgoeus! An awesome CASE of Jill's card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love your interpretation of the inspiration piece!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful CAS design! Stunning focal point, and I adore the flower accent! Thank you for playing laong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow stunning work, I love the colors!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete