Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Unity!

Hi all!

I'm back after a week long hiatus. I tried to post the other but blogger was down, as I'm sure you all know :) I'm glad everything is back up and running again!

This month marks Unity Stamps 3rd Birthday. Yay Unity!! All Things Unity is celebrating by having a Trifecta Challenge. The guidelines were to make a 3x3 card, with 3 embellishments, in a birthday or anniversary theme.

I started by stamping the heart from Love Grows in Iris chalk ink on white paper. I fussy cut it out and covered it in glossy accents. Funny thing happened here. I didn't want to wait forever for the glossy accents to dry so I decided to help it along with a little heat. Well the heat completely changed the color, thank God it was a pretty color lol! The original color was the same as the punched border. What a happy accident :)

I cut a kraft card base to 3x3 and then cut off a 1/2in from the bottom of the front. I rubbed some more iris ink onto white cardstock and punched (EK Success) the border. I adhered this to the inside of the card. I cut a piece of pink polka dot (My Mind's Eye, Tickled Pink) and also adhered to the inside.

I stitched around the kraft then added some white ribbon. I popped up the heart with foam and topped it off with a cute little purple button.

Thanks for popping by!!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY! I love this card--the colors are gorgeous together--love that huge heart! The border is fabulous and the stitching--LOVE! Great job! Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun with us over at ATU!!!

    ReplyDelete