Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Just a note . . .

after a long time away :)

So it's been a little while since my last post,  I didn't forget about you all while the real world took over! Now I'm back to some crafty time and much much happier! I hope it was worth the wait :)

This card is for The Play Date Cafe and CASE Study. They are doing a combined challenge this week!
How fun!! I didn't even know CASE Study existed until this combo ( I know I've been living under a rock or something . .) I love new challenges so I had to play along.

We worked with this gorgeous color combo and had to CASE this unbelievable card

Here's my take



I really loved the layered flower and shaped die so I started with that.

I cut a piece of white cardstock with my nesties Labels 8 die and stamped the background (Hero Arts, Large Fabric Design) in crushed olive. I glued that flat to my black card base. To add some interested I drew in faux stitching lines with a white gel pen.

I stamped the flower (Hero Arts, Layered Flowers) 3 times on white cardstock. I colored all of them with barn door, two really lightly, one very heavy. On the two I colored lightly I stamped the background (Hero Arts, Large Fabric Design) in barn door over them. I cut them all out and adhered the layers with foam. For the center I used a small black button.

I stamped the leaves (Hero Arts, Layered Flowers) on white and colored them with crushed olive and peeled paint. Cut them out.

I stamped the sentiment (Hero Arts, Everyday Sayings) in jet black archival ink (Ranger) and adhered it to a piece of black that had been punched with a scalloped border (EK Success).

Last I added rhinestones and stardust stickles for a little shine.

Thanks for stopping by!!

13 comments:

  1. the flower is gorgeous!!! love the colors too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly! I've been missing you around the "pool" lately. . .nice to see a post from you! Love your take on the combined challenge! Your flower is so beautiful and I like the way you flipped the design of the inspiration card! Nicely done and welcome back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card, the lime green looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that feeling, life took over my blogtime last week! Love, love, love the lime green fabric image - it is top of my list of Hero Arts 'wants' lol. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe :) And welcome back to blogland x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this Kelly!!!! The paper pieced flower is so gorgeous!! So glad you joined us at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Kelly! Lovely background dp, flower and design! What superbly vibrant colors...so bold and eye catching! Thanks for joining us at our special "Combined Grind" challenge with both The Play Date Cafe and CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely take on this weeks inspiration card!! You rocked the challenge! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh what a beautiful card! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! Love it! Need that flower stamp. Thanks for joining in with our combined grind over that the Play Date Cafe with CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's really beautiful! And I'm so glad you came to play at the Cafe with us after a hiatus. Looks like your Mojo was waitin' for ya when you returned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. You really let those DP's work for you and shine. I just love the pattern in the flower and the bright colors you've chosen. Fantastic card. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! I'm so glad you found us :) This is a striking card, I love your damask background! Thank you so much for joining us at CASE Study for a "combined grind" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is awesome, CAS and oh so elegant!!! I have just ordered this set, will be using your card for inspiration-thank you!
    So glad you played along with us for the combined CASE study and PDC challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete