Monday, January 3, 2011

Wow I haven't posted anything

in forever!!

I am so sorry I promised you all a post of the goodies I have been making and then  . . . .nothing :(
A co-worker had a family emergency so her shift needed to be covered, unfortunately this meant no time to post.

One of the projects I completed was gift card sets for my college girlfriends. We do a name draw for the main exchange but I wanted to give them each a little something.
Many months ago my Sister-in-law had bought me several packs of colored cards, I started with these. I stamped a background on each one and then blended some of the same color around the edges. I picked Hero Arts Essential Messages CL 371 for my sentiments. They are perfect for a card pack.

This is the whole lot.

and close ups with ingredients, all stamps are Hero Arts unless otherwise stated, and all images/sentiments were stamped in Jet Black archival ink.

Happy Birthday: Music background CG 222 stamped in antique linen. Cupcake and candle from cupcakes set CL158 colored in with mustard seed topped off with stardust stickles. I used a silver metallic gel pen on the holder then covered it in glossy accents. I colored a strip of white cardstock with mustard seed and punched it with the apron lace from EK success. I cut another white strip at 3/4 of an inch and stamped my sentiment. Everything was glued flat to the card except th cupcake it's popped up on foam.

Stamped Stripes Patten CG118 with mustard seed. The images are from Prickley Pears Clearly Beautiful Hot Air Balloon stamps, colored in my antique linen and outlined with stardust stickles. I colored a strip of white cardstock with antique linen and punched it with the apron lace from EK success. I cut another white strip at 3/4 of an inch and stamped my sentiment. The biggest balloon was glued flat, the second was popped up on one layer of foam and for the smallest I used two layers.
I stamped the Flourish background CG119 in peeled paint. The butterfly was colored in with worn lipstick and outlined with stardust stickles. It is from the butterflies set CG130. I colored a strip of white cardstock with worn lipstick and punched it with the apron lace from EK success. I cut another white strip at 3/4 of an inch and stamped my sentiment. The butterfly is popped up on foam.
This is the only background not from Hero Arts lol. This is Distressed Dots from Unity. I stamped with worn lipstick. The tree is from Live Simply CL230 I colored it with bruhed corduroy and peeled paint then added some lime stickles. I colored a strip of white cardstock with peeled paint and punched it with the apron lace from EK success. I cut another white strip at 3/4 of an inch and stamped my sentiment.  The tree is popped up on foam.
I stamped the Magical Background CG211 with faded jeans. The poppies were colored in with dusty concord and outlined with stardust stickles. I used the bigger stamp from Delicate Blossoms CL449 I cut the inner portion out with an exacto knife. I colored a strip of white cardstock with dusty concord and punched it with the apron lace from EK success. I cut another white strip at 3/4 of an inch and stamped my sentiment. The poppy is adhered with foam.
I used the Friendship Definition CG125 in dusty concord for the background. The cards are a little textured so it isn't very legible but that's okay. I colored in the Large Flower CG134 with faded jeans and outlined portions of it with stardust stickles. I colored a strip of white cardstock with faded jeans and punched it with the apron lace from EK success. I cut another white strip at 3/4 of an inch and stamped my sentiment. The flower is adhered with foam.

I made 6 of these sets. I just started with an image and a background then made one in each color combo so everyset is the same but different. I lined the inside with white and stamped each coordinating inside sentiment. I also used the background stamps on the envelope flaps so they look complete.

Thanks for stopping by, I will be posting more often now that I'm not running around like a mad person. :)

5 comments:

  1. Life happens and its not always blog friendly ;D Glad you're back and WOW! your cards are FABULOUS!!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this set of cards...what a wonderful way to use favorite backgrounds with fun focal images, you've completely inspired me, thanks! This post was certainly worth waiting for....
    bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I love these! Such a sweet ensemble of cards, beautiful colors and design on each one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, gorgeous cards!
    I love the colors and designs of each of them. So very pretty.

    ReplyDelete